4.9 Testing Request

Fri Sep 19 16:52:05 UTC 2008

Robert S. Grimes wrote:
> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The 4.9 branch has been cut and as I mentioned
>> earlier we are in a period of testing and polishing.
>> I request your assistance in testing on as many
>> hardware platforms as possible.
>>

> Hi Joel,
>
> I've been able to build and test 4.9 with one of my applications on the
> powerpc/virtex, and it works fine.  I do want to propose a small change
> in the libi2c library, but I'll do that in another email to bring proper
> attention to the matter.

Thank you.  For testing and updating the Wiki. :)

When you get a chance, check virtex on the head.  I had
been working to make every bsp provide a bsp_get_work_area()
and could have broken any BSP.

On a positive note, you now have the option to have the
workspace and c program heap be combined into a single
memory pool.  I used this with unlimited on a 64 MB PC to
create almost 10000 tasks. :)