Problem with TCP socket on RTEMS 4.8.1 (ARM BSP)

Tue Sep 2 13:32:13 UTC 2008

Gene Smith wrote:
> Alex Zolotov wrote, On 09/01/2008 01:41 AM:
>
>> Thank you.
>> It seems, that problem same as described by Gene Smith
>> (http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2008/august/msg00073.html) in his
>> post "Little Endian ARM fails on 1st TCP datagram". The reason is that
>> BYTE_ORDER BIG_ENDIAN defined during compiling TCP functions.
>>

> Yes, this BYTE_ORDER macro seems to be a current problem at least for
> ARM. Also mentioned in the previous thread.  -gene

Just to beat this one into submission.  Are we are running the
ARM in big or little endian mode?

If little endian, then the compiler has the correct predefine.

/opt/rtems-4.10/bin/arm-rtems4.10-gcc
#define __ARMEL__ 1
/opt/rtems-4.6/bin/arm-rtems-gcc
#define __ARMEL__ 1