Status of RTEMS/GSOC projects?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Sep 5 04:06:20 UTC 2008

Thomas Doerfler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> maybe I am too curious, but I would like to know about the
> status/results of the soon-to-be-finished GSOC2008 projects?
>
> Is there a date when the various projects will be available? Any plans
> that had to be changed?
>
> ANY feedback welcome (even when it says "the status/result is still
> top-secret").

The real time trace project has been a success. We have a way to select
functions that are to be traced and build wrappers that are linked to an
application. The data is passed to the capture engine and integrated into the
capture engine data. The project is at a point where Alan and I will take the
various changes and integrate into the 4.10 trunk post the 4.9 branch. There
is still work to be done before we consider it user ready and Alan has
indicated he wishes to continue working on it.

Some of the issues is how we support building an application with this feature
included.

Regards
Chris