Getting started with FAT Filesystem on SD/MMC cards over SPI

Fri Sep 12 13:49:29 UTC 2008

Robert S. Grimes wrote:
> Chris Johns wrote:
>> Robert S. Grimes wrote:
>>
>>> P.S. Sounds like a request for a "HowTo" on my part - I'd be happy to write one for the Wiki...
>>>

>> This is a work in progress and I will be updating these pages.
>>
>>   http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/File_Systems
>>
>> Any feedback is welcome and any updates to the pages even more welcome.
>>
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks - I'll be sure to provide any feedback/updates from my experiences!
>
> Hi Joel,
>
> Shouldn't we set up a HowTo link on the Wiki main page, in a prominent
> location?  This page would be an index into contributed HowTo articles
> that users may freely add.
Just added it along with a HowTo Wiki page with a couple of links.

Also added a link to the File_Systems page

> I searched the Wiki yesterday before posting, and did not find his
> page.  I searched for "filesystem", which provided several general
> RTEMS feature pages, but not the above page; in order to find that
> one, you need to enter "file systems".  If you enter "file system"
> instead, then you get another page from Chris:
>
>     http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Using_the_RTEMS_DOS_File_System
>
> but not the other one.
>
> This is not the first time I've been referred to useful information on
> the Wiki that I could not find using the search feature.

That says a lot about how far the Wiki has come.  But it also shows
that information categoriization and management is every bit as
important as information creation. :-D

Can you please take Sebastian's information along with whatever
you can put together as you go into the beginnings of a chapter in
the BSP Guide on i2c, spi and serial buses?  Even if you just keep
raw text with the information and get me to format it when you
are done, it would be a big leg up.  It is a hole in that manual
that needs to be addressed.

To everyone, the BSP and Driver Manual is always going to be
a work in process.  Please submit changes, improvements, new
chapters on different device drivers.  It is a very difficult manual
to make sure it covers everything and as things change, it is the
hardest to keep up to date and cover new topics.