Cannot start sparc-rtems-gdb (RTEMS 4.8)

daniel at gaisler.com daniel at gaisler.com
Mon Sep 15 01:27:34 UTC 2008

Hi,

The GDB in RCC-1.1.x is built with libreadline as a shared library
wheras GDB in RCC-1.0.x is built with libreadline statically linked.
This only in the Linux version. In the next release of RCC-1.1.x GDB
will be compiled with libreadline linked into the GDB binary as in
RCC-1.0.x.

In the mean while you can use either recompile GDB your self or install
libreadline (symbolic link to newer libreadline may be enough if
already installed)

Daniel