The suffix of files about inline function

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Sep 24 07:39:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 15:06 +0800, yijun li wrote:
>  The suffix of  files about inline function is *.inl, the files is in
> "\cpukit\score\inline\rtems\score".
>  I think that's really not necessary, *.c is enough.
These files are no compilable units => Naming them *.c would be wrong.

If an alternate name should be used, then renaming them into *.h would
be appropriate, because these files actually are headers.

>  If the suffix is *.inl, some insight program can not find them.
Well, *.inl is a non-standard suffix, so you can't expect it to work.

You'll have to fix/alter insight to get this working.

Ralf