Serious bug in 4.9.0 (FP ctxt corruption on some ppc-e500 BSPs except mvme3100)

Sat Sep 27 17:11:24 UTC 2008

Till Straumann wrote:
> The new multilib variant m8540 by default enables -mfloat-gprs=single
> and is as such useless for now since we don't implement context-switching
> the upper 32-bit of e500 GPRs.

So what is required to implement "proper context switching"?
I can't see that it is a whole lot.

+ what is the cpp conditional to detect the "proper way"?
+ what does it change in the context structures?
+ what does it change in the context switch code?
+ Does it change anything in ISR processing?