rtems_iterate_over_all_threads

Thomas Dörfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Wed Apr 22 15:48:17 UTC 2009

Leon,

Leon Pollak wrote:
> On Wednesday April 22 2009, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> If this is a behavioral change people think should be in the
>> Classic API or alternate APIs to the current suspend/resume,
>> then it is always up for discussion.
> Then I should like to start/raise this discussion, as I think it should
> definitely be in the classic API. :-))

I strongly disagree. There are several reasons: On the one hand,
changing the behaviour of the classic API may break several existing
applications. On the other hand, I consider using nested suspend/resume
to control the task scheduling as a bad practice which may lead to
unexpected behaviour in bigger RTEMS systems. So I would not ecourage
people to do so by making the API more feature-rich.

Just my 2 Ct.
wkr,
Thomas.

-

> Leon

Embedded Brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler        Obere Lagerstrasse 30
D-82178 Puchheim       Germany
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Phone: +49-89-18908079-2
Fax:   +49-89-18908079-9