lm32 remote debugger issues

Jukka Pietarinen jukka.pietarinen at mrf.fi
Tue Apr 7 06:59:01 UTC 2009

Jukka Pietarinen wrote:
> I'm still struggling with getting the lm32-rtems4.10-gdb to work with
> TCP2JTAGVC2 from Lattice. After connecting to the target gdb talks to
> TCP2JTAGVC2 but fails with the 'g' command:

I have traced down this problem to gdb/remote.c where sizeof_g_packet is
determined from the list of remote registers. For the lm32, however,
this does not match the target response for the g command. gdb expects
to receive 37 32-bit registers (37*4*2=296 bytes) but the target replies
with 39 (39*4*2=316 bytes).

I did a hack to process_g_packet to bypass the sanity check of the
packet reply and with this hack gdb works and I can load and run/debug
on target hardware, but naturally this needs to be resolved in a proper way.

Unfortunately I do not have the sources for TCP2JTAGVC2 and have no idea
what the two extra registers returned by the target are.

Any ideas how to address this issue?

Thanks,
Jukka