linux/posix port compiling problem

Wed Apr 8 13:22:54 UTC 2009

Wei-Tsun Sun wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> Ralf Corsepius <ralf.corsepius at rtems.org> wrote:
>>
>  >

>>> is there an existing patch to make the compilation work ?
>>>
>> No. I think, we should face the unpleasant truth:  The unix/posix BSP is
>> dead.
>>

> I have done some modifications here and there and finally the code compiled and linked. Helloworld works fine.

Submit the patches and let's move from there.  Which distribution
and version?
> Ticker only have 2 tasks active although they both stop at 35 seconds.
That sounds like correct behaviour if you ignore the error below.

> Creation of task 3 returned a error code of
> 14 (I guess this can be obtained from errno.h:  #define EFAULT 14 /* Bad address */)........

No.  The error codes in the Classic API are defined in
cpukit/rtems/include/rtems/rtems/status.h.
  /**
   *  This is the status to indicate that a thread is in wrong state
   *  was in the wrong execution state for the requested operation.
   */
  RTEMS_INCORRECT_STATE          = 14,

> Just wondering for previous success examples, did they use newlib or native libc ?

Native libc which limited the functionality that could work.  It was
developed before the POSIX API was implemented and CPU simulators
were hard to come by.