linux/posix port compiling problem

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Apr 15 13:24:09 UTC 2009

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Chris Johns wrote:
>> Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>>> Well, rtems shell got infected with with newlib-proprietary,
>>> non-portable construct.
>> Is this the getopt_r call you are referring too ?

> A 3rd option would be what Joel outlined: Suppress the "regression" for
> unix/posix by disabling them. I am not excited about this option,
> because it further reduces the unix/posix's BSPs usefulness.

FYI: I committed patches to CVS-HEAD, which (hopefully temporarily)
disable libmisc/shell for unix/posix targets, applied the malloc part of
Wei-Tsun Sun's patch and added some other changes to rtems-4.10/CVS-HEAD.

With these patches applied, the unix/posix BSP compiles for me on
i386-pc-linux hosts. "hello" and "ticker" appear to be functional again
(Of course, this is not a thorough test)

Ralf