General question

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Wed Aug 19 11:50:24 UTC 2009

On Tuesday August 18 2009, you wrote:
> Leon Pollak wrote:
> > Many many years ago there was an RTOS called iRMX. It run on 80286/80386,
> > was a good RTOS and it also run the whole Windows 3.1 as a task with a
> > lowest priority.
>
> Are you sure, it "ran" windows as a task ?
> Not one of the timer-at-nmi tricks ?
Yes, I do.
And it was pretty good thing. You could do all real time work in iRMX and
provide some data fur further processing, displaying, storage, etc. to
Windows.

> > Does somebody knows of something similar in the today's world? (No need
> > to say that if that could be RTEMS...:-)
> Probably, if you explain a little better, what you're looking for ;-)
Well, ideally(!), I would like to run Linux also as a task in RTEMS.
Again, the same goal - I will do all RT work in RTEMS - the best RTOS I ever
have seen :-) and some networking, peripherals and possibly graphics - in
Linux.

I know about such things as RT-Linux and similar - all they are very awkward,
heavy, etc...

Thanks.
--
Leon