Init of the memory by RTEMS

Leonard Bise leonard.bise at syderal.ch
Wed Dec 9 10:14:07 UTC 2009

I have a question about the RTEMS init operations.

I must be able to share one data word of information between to
application, one is the boot and this boot loads and execute another app.
The second app shall be able to read a word of data that was put by the
boot to have a general view of the system status.

I picked a random address near the end of the memory (0x401E7000, I have
2M of RAM) and before exiting the boot I write data in there, but I
noticed that everytime the data in this address is set to 0.

I then noticed I should be close to the stack/heap memory space, so I
tried several different addresses (0x40050000 to 0x40090000) but they all
get reset.

So my question is, does RTEMS clear the whole memory before starting the
execution of the app, and if yes is it possible to stop it?

Or is there any other solution to my problem?

Léonard.