Disabled interrupts in Termios write handler?

Joris van Rantwijk jorisvr at sron.nl
Wed Dec 16 12:05:53 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am working on a Termios-based driver for the APBUART port on LEON3.

The documentation of Termios in interrupt-driven mode seems to promise the following: Any call to my_driver_interrupt_write will be either in interrupt context or with interrupts disabled.

So it seems that I can safely access UART registers in my_driver_interrupt_write because it can not be interrupted. Is that right?

However, I think I spotted a code path to my_driver_interrupt_write in task context with interrupts enabled: In cpukit/libcsupport/src/termios.c, fillBufferQueue(), sending of XON.

Joris.