Versions

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Thu Dec 17 23:00:38 UTC 2009

On Thursday December 17 2009, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > I scanned the docs and source and did not find the way how the RTEMS
> > version (and BSP version too) may be reported to an application.
> What exactly do you want to use this for?
Well, I need to trace all the components versions and report them when asked.
So, I want to be able to report, as minimum, RTEMS version and BSP version.

> There are several options - Which, depends on your use-case.
>
> e.g. cpuopts.h provides several defines, then there are  _RTEMS_version
> (a string) and rtems_get_version_string() (a function).
This will be OK for RTEMS version, just where is it defined? I wasn't able to
find it in my 4.8.0. I found cpuopts.h file and it may be a decision...

Any way to trace the BSP versions?

> > What do I miss?
> I would avoid hard-coding versions ;)
Still, there should be some way for an application to know them...:-)

Thanks!
--
Leon