Getting started with CAN on RTEMS

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Sun Feb 8 01:02:20 UTC 2009

We have used a CAN interface from TEWS: TIP810
(a IP, not PMC module). The original driver was
for vxWorks but it was straightforward to port
it to RTEMS. Has been working for many years.

The driver (note that this is a driver for the EPICS'
control system's IPAC framework) is described here

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/comp/unix/package/epics/site/ipac/drvTip810.html

I'm not sure the RTEMS port ever was merged back
but we could provide our patches.

-- Till