announce: experimental NIC drivers

Fri Feb 20 21:38:13 UTC 2009

Hi,

If you are brave, you can check out libbsdport
from CVS and try out Till's NIC porting kit.
This includes drivers for the newer Intel cards,
rtl8139, and pcnet.  There is  Broadcomm BCM57cc
driver under construction in there. I just got it
to compile and will gladly take help
on it. <hint>

It must be used against CVS for the pc386.  4.9
on powerpc should be OK.

This is not quite ready to be merged into the main
tree but is ready for feedback, testing, help,
etc.

It is fairly straightforward to take a driver
from FreeBSD 7.x and add it to this framework.
If you are interested in one, please pitch in.