JFFS2 porting status

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Feb 6 23:58:28 UTC 2009

Chris Chelmecki wrote:

> I'm new to RTEMS and am investigating using it in a project on a
> powerpc(MPC5121- e300 core).  One of the things we would need is a
> robust flash file system.

What robust requirements do you need ?

> I've found multiple posts in the list
> archives suggesting people are in the process of porting JFFS2 to
> RTEMS.  What is the current status?  Is it close to completion, or
> something that I could finish?  I have started looking at the RTEMS FS
> Design guide.  Any additional thoughts on basic porting strategies
> specific to JFFS2 and how much work it would be for me to start from
> scratch?

There is a libblock flash driver in RTEMS. This lets any file system supported
by libblock be handled by flash. Have you looked at this driver ?

In case you have not found it file systems in the Wikie are here:

  http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/File_Systems

Regards
Chris