RTEMS Wiki BSP Infobox

Matt Rippa mrippa at gemini.edu
Thu Jan 8 23:47:29 UTC 2009

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Matt Rippa wrote:
>> One really convenient thing would be to include local copies of
>> data-sheets and docs for said BSP. Certainly the BSP developer
>> has already gone through the exercise of tracking many documents,
>> perhaps from several manufacturers.
>>

> I don't have a problem with this as long as the manual
> isn't under NDA.
>
> Do you think any vendor would care otherwise?  I guess
> we could mirror and then remove if someone complains.
> It isn't like this is a for profit exercise.

Sounds reasonable to me. I can't comment on these legal issues,
but I expect it would heavily used --in the long run.

> I am open to opinions but mirroring them on the ftp
> site would be ok.  Organization is key.  Would something
> like this work?
>
> manuals
>   - boards
>     - vendor
>       - model
>   - cpus
>     - vendor
>       - model
>  - peripherals
>     - vendor
>       - model

This looks like a great start.

Could the ftp process be automated from the wiki, getting docs in
the correct location? --similar to adding an image in the InfoBox.

Otherwise I'll need ftp access?

-Matt

>>> http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Edb7312
>>> http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Gen5200