Rtems for a space project

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Mon Jan 12 12:04:16 UTC 2009

Massimo Tipaldi schrieb:
> Dear Ralf,
>
> for all the steps that I have perfomed, see my e-mails on rtems-users
> (find Massimo Tipaldi);
>
 > In particular, take a look at:
> 1) RTEMS/QEMU/GRUB on Windows (07 Jan 2009 11:03:52 +0100)
> 2) RTEMS/QEMU/GRUB on Windows (08 Jan 2009 16:49:58 +0100)

Sigh, RTEMS+QEMU+GRUB + Window... at least 4 non-trivial sources of
issues at one time.

Have you tried on Linux, have you tried on real hardware (no QEMU), does
your grub/qemu/windows setup work without RTEMS ... etc. Which target,
which Windows version, which toolchains ?

> For the modifications on Makefile.inc, see
> 1) QEMU/GRUB: No multiboot header found (22 Dec 2008 16:22:28 +0100)
> (the only difference is that RTEMS is now installed in
> d:\opt\src\rtems\i386\)

Makefile.inc is a different class of problem.

My personal answer to all Makefile.inc related problems: I refuse to
answer any Makefile.inc related issues, because I consider RTEMS
Makefile-template system to be mal-designed kid-stuff, RTEMS should have
stopped dropped a long time ago ;)

Ralf