MMC card with spi-sd-card.c

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Jan 6 06:30:01 UTC 2009

Gene Smith wrote:

> However, to make a partition on the MMC you have to call
> sc = rtems_ide_part_table_initialize(e->disk_device_name);
> 	CLEANUP_SC( sc, sd_card_driver_init_cleanup, "Initialize IDE partition
> table");
>
> Seem like this should be in spi-sd-card.c in sd-card-init() right after
> the disk is created but before stop since you almost always need a
> partition when creating a disk.

I would fix the shell command and let the user handle the set up. I feel a
change like this is not a good idea.

> tried msdosfmt -t 16 /dev/sd-card-a1
>
> This still seems to be a no-op. Have not tried to see what is happening
> when I do msdosfmt.

It would be good to know why this command does not work. Are you able to take
a look ? I suspect it maybe related to the way the SPI driver binds to the
bdbuf layer but I am not sure.

> It is not documented in the shell manual I think.

I must have missed this one. I will look at adding it at some time in the future.

Regards
Chris