RTEMS Wiki BSP Infobox

Mon Jan 12 15:28:58 UTC 2009

Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:
> On Thursday 08 January 2009 21:19:17 Matt Rippa wrote:
>
>> One really convenient thing would be to include local copies of
>> data-sheets and docs for said BSP.
>>

>  Vendor docs are usually not freely distributable, even if you can simply
> download them from their website.  So legally, you're not allowed to do this.
> Obviously, it's pretty unlikely that a vendor will ever go to court if you
> remove the docs when they complain, but it's still a liability.
>
>  To be safe, you'd need to ask the vendor for permission to mirror it.
> Something like "<Vendor company> grants permission to <RTEMS hosting company>
> to re-distribute verbatim copies of documentation available on <vendor
> website>."

Thanks.  Do you know of any existing mirrors?

Otherwise, I will just start having to ask vendors.  Obviously
this is something users can help out a LOT with since they
have existing relationships with board vendors.  If you want
documentation mirrored, please introduce me to your
representative so I am not doing cold contacts.