RTEMS running the examples with an rpm installation

Tue Jan 13 14:10:07 UTC 2009

Gene Smith wrote:
> Pool, LC, Mr <14117614 at sun.ac.za> wrote:
>
>> Hi...
>>
>> I've installed the RTEMS package on scientific linux via rpm's. I would
>>
> like to test my installation running the examples that I got from the
> source rtems-4.10. The installation is also rtems-4.10. The problem is
> that I'm not sure what is meant by the environment variable, export
> RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=<INSTALLATION_POINT>/<CPU>-rtems/<BOARD_SUPPORT_PACKAGE>,
> where the problem is the BOARD_SUPPORT_PACKAGE....
>

>> so the INSTALLATION_POINT= /opt/rtems-4.10
>> the CPU-rtems =  m32c-rtems4.10
>> but the BOARD_SUPPORT_PACKAGE = ?   "(m32c)"
>>
>> This is the current directory view of say m32c...

Gene is right in what he is saying.

I want to warn you on the m32c.  It is a new port
and incomplete.  It does not currently support interrupts.
We would welcome the addition of interrupt support.
And to make matters worse, you need to be using gdb
CVS to run the examples not gdb 6.8.

$ m32c-rtems4.10-run m32c-m32csim-ticker.ralf
unknown m32c machine type 0x0
NULL pointer dereference

But it runs with my locally built gdb from CVS.

I usually recommend sparc/sis as an easy first BSP.
This page should help you with that BSP:

http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Quick_Start