QEMU and RTEMS problem on Ubuntu

Roxana Leontie roxana.leontie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 17:01:07 UTC 2009

Ralf the difference between Ubuntu and Fedora (grub2 vs grub[1]) is not
something that I have to worry about. I am using a rtems-boot.img from Chris
Johns that has the grub version 1.96 on it and can read the ext2 file
system.

This is what I have tried so far:

 1.- removed all hdd's except the vfat partition as hda(then as hdb) - same
result
 2.- booted from a linux image ( the qemu small image ),then copied
rtems-grub.cfg to the root of the filesystem. After that I booted again from
the rtems floppy, hoping it will find the rtems-grub.cfg there. (no result)
 3. - booted with hda as the linux image( a valid image - rather our fake
zero-ed image) and hdb as the fat local directory. Still the same delay.
 4. - booted from the linux small image and mounted the hdb vfat partition.
All was good. Except ls listed the rtems-grub.cfg as rtems-gr.cfg. Might
this be the cause ?

Any other toughts?

Thanks,

Roxana