QEMU and RTEMS problem on Ubuntu

JiSheng Zhang jszhang3 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 02:53:14 UTC 2009

2009/7/15 Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org>:
> JiSheng Zhang wrote:
>>
>> IMHO, there's a lot of bugs in grub2 now. So it's better to use grub, it
>> is OK
>>

> I build grub2 and use it without any problems on Fedora. The only issue I
> have had is the ata.o module. Do not use this one.
>

>> 2009/7/15 Roxana Leontie <roxana.leontie at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Ralf the difference between Ubuntu and Fedora (grub2 vs grub[1]) is not
>>> something that I have to worry about. I am using a rtems-boot.img from
>>> Chris
>>> Johns that has the grub version 1.96 on it and can read the ext2 file
>>> system.
>>
>> I got the same results when using the img form Chris Johns
>
> Interesting. I have not followed what host you are using. Is it Ubuntu ?
I'm using debian unstable

> Do you have a working grub image that Roxana can use ?

I don't know how to make grub2 image(there's filesystem on it). I just
make a grub floppy image which filesystem is ext2. But how can I send
the image to Roxana? I have no pub ftp\http etc.

If we don't need make filesystem on floppy image, there's no problem
with grub2(just dd if=boot.img etc.)
> Regards
> Chris

Thanks,