Dynamic scheduling

Manuel Coutinho manuel.coutinho at edisoft.pt
Fri Jul 17 08:20:38 UTC 2009

RTEMS has fixed-priority scheduling. RTEMS does not support dynamic
scheduling.

Actually, the rate monotonic that is referred only makes tasks to be
periodic. It does not implement the Rate Monotonic Scheduler. The
application must correctly assign the tasks priorities in order for the Rate
Monotonic Scheduler to work.

Note that is good that RTEMS does this because other scheduler variants can
be easily implemented (e.g Deadline Monotonic). Also, there are system
models, for example, non-preemptive or in which the task releases are well
defined, in which the Rate Monotonic Scheduler is NOT the optimal scheduler.

Hope this helps
Regards
Manuel Coutinho