mvme6100 support

Daron Chabot daron.chabot at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 11:37:24 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Kate Feng<feng1 at bnl.gov> wrote:
> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>
>> Feng, Kate wrote:
>>>
>>> I wrote and upgraded the mvme5500 BSP to disco BSP to support the
>>> mvme6100 board.  At that time, the performance of the network on
>>> the mvme6100 board was not important, but the decision for the
>>> choice of H/W for my project was urgent.  Thus, the code for
>>> the network is not really ready for a formal release yet.  It seems that
>>> the
>>> network code for beatnik BSP needs to be  optimized or rewritten  as well
>>> based on the version I obtained from Till Straumann a while ago.  I do
>>> not know if he had any chance to improve the netowrk
>>> performance ever since then.
>>
>> So .. it should work to ...
>>
>> a) build for mvme5500 and run on mvme6100?
>
> Not the mvme5500 BSP  in the current RTEMS release.

As in my original posting, I am not referring to the current (4.9.2)
release, but to the mvme5500 BSP as it stands
in the cvs HEAD version.

This enum from mvme5500/include/bsp.h seems to imply run-time
detection of board type:
/* Board type */
typedef enum {
	undefined = 0,
	MVME5500,
	MVME6100
} BSP_BoardTypes;

So, as Joel asked, with the version on cvs HEAD, is it possible to
build for the 5500 and _run_ on the 6100 ?

BTW -- Kate, I am now working at BNL with the NSLS2 controls group :-)
so, I may be able to help with the mvme6100 bsp issues.

-- dc