Automake question

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Jul 29 08:04:50 UTC 2009

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 07/29/2009 09:44 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> for a BSP I need to compile one module with non standard CFLAGS.
> Why? Under normal circumstances, you don't want to do this.
> In almost 100% of all cases, doing so is a bug.
>
> Ralf

On the ARMv4 architecture you have two instruction sets: ARM and THUMB.  I have
to compile one module with ARM instructions only (because some low level stuff
requires ARM mode): CPU_FLAGS without -mthumb.  The rest of the BSP will use
THUMB instructions: CPU_FLAGS with -mthumb.

--
Sebastian Huber, Embedded Brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
PGP     : Public key available on request