rtems 4.9.0 rtems_clock_get API improvements.... not always

Maurizio Scavazzon scavazzon at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:38:18 UTC 2009

> Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 06:58:27 -0500
> From: joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
> To: scavazzon at hotmail.com
> CC: rtems-users at rtems.org
> Subject: Re: rtems 4.9.0 rtems_clock_get API improvements.... not always

> Do you really need the Classic API TOD format or would you be
> better served by using rtems_clock_get_timespec?

I cannot find any rtems_clock_get_timespec. Were you talking about the rtems_clock_get with RTEMS_CLOCK_GET_TIME_VALUE option?
I need the TOD format because date and time are displayed in the device's MMI and used to store events with timestamp anytime they occour.

> Alternatively do you have a faster algorithm for converting
> seconds/nanoseconds into the Classic API TOD format.

Actually I have no time to investigate this issue, maybe in the future. Moreover a solution that was right for me was already there in the previous version of rtems.

Thank you for your answers.

Regards,
Maurizio