rtems 4.9.0 rtems_clock_get API improvements.... not always

Maurizio Scavazzon scavazzon at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 18 13:57:16 UTC 2009

> Joel Sherril wrote:
>
> Why are you grabbing the timestamp in a printable format?  Let the MMI
> convert the timestamp into a printable format.

I tried to use the timespec as you have suggested, but to extract the single day, month, year, hour, minute, seconds information... at the end you still need to use the mktime_r function.
I followed the nsec example in the testusuite directory. In that example the ctime function is called to convert timeval to printable timestamp... but ctime calls mktm_r ... so the problem is still the same.

Am I missing something? Is there any other way to convert timespec?

Thanks for your knowledge.
Maurizio