Ada support in RTEMS, was: Re: Newbie to RTEMS: ADA support issue

Simon Clubley simon.clubley at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 19 16:49:10 UTC 2009

On 19/06/2009, Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:
> Simon Clubley wrote:
>
> > Are there any actual plans to drop Ada support in RTEMS ?
> >
>  No.  It is actually in better shape than it has been
>  in years.  The Ada in GCC itself will build multilib
>  versions of the run-time now.  This was always a
>  requirement for adding them to the RPMs.

[snip]

Thanks for taking the time to post a detailed report - it's nice to
see Ada isn't going away.

>  If you check out the CVS module gcc-testing, you will
>  find all the scripts used.  You can easily build an Ada
>  toolset from source with these.  The key step is that
>  you MUST have a native Ada compiler built from the
>  same source as the cross.  Sometimes you don't but
>  often enough it must match, that it isn't worth skipping.

I think that will help the original poster to build an Ada compiler. I
will also repeat Joel's comments about the native compiler version
matching the cross compiler version - I always build a native compiler
of the same version first.

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley