[GSOC2009]GUMSTIX(PXA255) BSP for RTEMS

Thu Jun 4 16:34:00 UTC 2009

xi yang wrote:
> Hi, I work for project of GSOC2009. Here is a sample BSP for Gumstix
> with clock, uart, timer support.
> gumstix_bsp.patch is generated by cvs diff -uN
> You need place gumstix.cfg to ./make/custom/
> Extract gumstix.tar.gz to c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/
> Extract pxa255.tar.gz  to c/src/lib/libcpu/arm/
> gumstix.skyeye is configure file for skyeye simulator.
> With below patch for current version from SVN of skyeye project, you
> can use skeyey to run GUMSTIX bsp by ./skyeye -c gumstix.skyeye -e
> hello.exe (Please notice that when you execute ticker.exe, you have to
> wait for a long time since one tick of skyeye simulator is more slower
> than real hardware)

Thanks for submitting this. I am glad GSoC is going well for you. :)

This is all committed but I have some comments you need to
address so it is cleaned up.

+ bits.h should be shared across all ARM configurations
+ start.S is the same on at least the csb337 and gumstix BSPs.
Needs to move to libbsp/arm/shared/
+ If any other code I am not aware of is duplicated, please
try to share it across multiple BSPs.
+ The minimum is 60K because the printk support is in the
same file as the full termios console driver. Split that in
libcpu so it is two .rel files and the minimum will shrink.
+ warnings on linking need to be eliminated
+ All files submitted should have license notices and CVS Id
strings. I think I fixed this.
+ The simulator speed can be address easily if the clock driver
is implemented using the template. Look at mips/jmr3904's
clock driver and add a BSP options like sparc/sis to turn it on
and off. Enabling this will make time pass very quickly when
the system is idle.
+ The README is minimal. Are any add-on modules supported?
URL?
+ Add a wiki page for this BSP.
+ Add this BSP to the 4.10 release notes wiki page.

I didn't run -- only committed. Please try to address the above
so it is really clean and doesn't duplicate code. :)