Scripts for building tools on Mac OS X

Alan Cudmore Alan.P.Cudmore at nasa.gov
Thu Jun 11 21:03:12 UTC 2009

I'm still refining this script, but it I have it working on OS X,
Linux, and Cygwin so far.

You have to carefully edit the top part of the script to set the
correct versions of the tools and the patch names.
But once everything is set, it will download the tools and patches,
then it will patch, build and install the toolchain.

Make sure you have the wget binary available. For OS X, I got mine
from the macports project.

If it gets to a certain part of the script and dies, you can pick back
up by editing this part:
#
# Select what to build here. If the build stops on GCC, then there is
# no need to rebuild/install binutils.
#
DOWNLOAD_RTEMS_PATCHES=1
DOWNLOAD_BINUTILS=1
PATCH_BINUTILS=1
BUILD_BINUTILS=1
DOWNLOAD_GCC=1
PATCH_GCC=1
BUILD_GCC=1
DOWNLOAD_GDB=1
PATCH_GDB=1
BUILD_GDB=1

Just set the items that completed to 0 and it will skip them.

Alan