Debian-host build error...

Ed Sutter esutter at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Jun 15 14:16:04 UTC 2009

Folks,
I'm walking through the quick-start procedure for building the
BF537Stamp BSP.  My development host is Debian, and I've gotten
to the point (on the quick-start page) where it mentions the error:

* If you experience a "C compiler cannot create executables" error,
* try fixing your compiler by getting libc-dev

I ran apt-get install libc-dev and got the following message:

* root:apt-get install libc-dev
* Reading package lists... Done
* Building dependency tree... Done
* Note, selecting libc6-dev instead of libc-dev
* libc6-dev is already the newest version.
* 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

Anyone working with a Debian host that has had (and overcame) this
problem?
Thanks
Ed