output via serial com1

Tue Jun 30 12:17:59 UTC 2009

http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs/doc-current/share/rtems/html/c_user/c_user00424.html

|CONFIGURE_LIBIO_MAXIMUM_FILE_DESCRIPTORS| is set to the maximum number
of files that can be concurrently open. Libio requires a Classic RTEMS
semaphore for each file descriptor as well as one global one. The
default value is 3 file descriptors which is enough to support standard
input, output, and error output.

This is a common user oversight.  To conserve resources, the default is
very low.

--joel