Anyone booting RTEMS from MS-DOS?

Angelo Fraietta newsgroups at smartcontroller.com.au
Mon Mar 2 22:09:56 UTC 2009

You have to use a version of MSDos of 6.2. I am actually using Dr
Caldera Dos and it worked for me

Steven Grunza wrote:

> I'm trying to run the "Hello, world" application using the pc386 BSP.  I
> have a single board computer with built-in Flash.  The board currently
> boots into MS-DOS.  I tried following the information in
> http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/Pc386#Booting_an_RTEMS_Application
> for using Luca Abeni's eXtender but end up with the following error:
>
> C:\RTEMS\PC686>x hello.exe
>
> MultiBoot Loading
>
> MultiBoot ELF
>
> Elf Loading.Error : (X_ELF) Kernel starts before Extended memory top
>
> Exec_space=0x110000 Needed Memory=145216 bytes - Kernel starts=0x100000
>
> .
>
> Elf Loading.Error : (X_ELF) Kernel starts before Extended memory top
>
> Exec_space=0x110000 Needed Memory=145216 bytes - Kernel starts=0x100000
>
> .
>
> Program loading failed!
>

> This happens with the pc386, pc386dx, pc586, and pc686 BSP's.  Anyone
> have a suggestion?  I don't plan on using MS-DOS in the final
> application but I don't have enough experience with grub to try to
> figure out how to get grub onto the internal flash.
>
> The actual target hardware is a Kontron AM4002
> (http://us.kontron.com/products/boards+and+mezzanines/advancedmc/process
> or/am4002.html) with 2GB of Flash, apparently connected to look like
> IDE-connect CompactFlash.

Dr Angelo Fraietta
A.Eng, A.Mus.A, BA(Hons), Ph.D.

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303

Home Page

http://www.smartcontroller.com.au/

There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge - that is
CURIOSITY
     Bernard of Clairvaux (1090 - 1153)