Telnetd initialization changes

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Mar 3 03:20:11 UTC 2009

Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here is the patch that tries to refactor the login code:
>
> https://www.rtems.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=639

I've been away and was unable to comment.

I think most of your proposed changes are OK
but I generally have a problem with API changes.

Even though rtems_telnetd_initialize() is kind
of ugly and doesn't cover all the configurable
parameters I am opposed to changing its arguments
for sake of compatibility with existing code.

Instead, we could introduce a 'config' structure
where all the configurable bits can be set up
and a new entry point for configuration + initialization.

The old API could be deprecated and removed in the
future.

-- Till