CVS Plot Graphs

Fri Mar 13 16:26:20 UTC 2009

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Out of curiousity, I ran CVSPlot on the
>> entire RTEMS CVS history.  The 3 graphs
>> and my few comments are at:
>>
>> http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/CVSPlot
>>
>> If anyone has any explanations for the bends
>> in the graphs, please add them to the Wiki.
>> Ralf.. do these dips correspond to the
>> merger of leaf Makefile.am's into directory
>> Makefile.am's like I think?
>>

> Probably. The first "dip" seems to correspond to the cpukit
> Makefile.am/configure.ac merger, the second "dip" to flattening the bsp
> configurations.

Ahh... two phases.  It had been so long ago that it was
only one event in my mind.

This is a good example of why you can't measure productivity
by lines produced.  This was amazingly good work yet
removed huge amounts.  You would still be working your way
out of debt for the "negative productivity." :)
> Whether these assumption actually apply is hard to tell due to the
> compressed time scale of the graphs ;-)

Yeah.  The graphs are definitely compressed.

It looked like you could run cvsplot against specific
and shorter periods. Could you suggest a couple
and I will run them?  Might be interesting.