more patches more newlib-1.16.0 : setjmp & longjmp for 4.9 branch

Mon Mar 2 21:40:18 UTC 2009

Kate Feng wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
>> Kate Feng wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Attached is the patches for newlib-1.16.0.  The setjmp() and longjmp()
>>> are broken, which could affect their function in the 4.9. branch.
>>> The patch for the setjmp.S is only for powerPC port, which was tested
>>> for my applications.  The path for the setjmp.h should be applied to
>>> all platforms.
>>>
>> Some questions:
>>
>> * Which bug is this patch supposed to fix?
>> Please elaborate.
>>
>> * Whatever you are trying to fix, is almost certainly not RTEMS
>> specific but architecture specific
>> => Your use of  __rtems__ is not the "right way" to do it.

I think I remember this patch and there was some reason
you needed to know you were in supervisor mode in the
environment to do it.  That's what the __rtems__ was for.

I don't recall what the purpose of the patch is though