multiply defined stuff

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Sat Mar 7 01:29:54 UTC 2009

I added a new attachment to PR1247 adding the relevant
stubs to newlib's crt0.o so the autoconf tests now work
and I'm down to

__assert                   (provided by libcsupport/src/__assert.c and
newlib/libc/stdlib/assert.c)
__assert_func          (same as __assert)
creat                       (provided by libcsupport/src/creat.c and
newlib/libc/posix/creat.c)
times                       (provided by libcsupport/src/__times.c and
newlib/libc/machine/times.c)

which seem to still be exported by both, newlib & rtems

T.

Till Straumann wrote:
> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> Till Straumann wrote:
>>
>>> I find that these are currently (CVS head,
>>> newlib-1.17.0-rtems4.10-20090224.diff)
>>> defined/exported by both, RTEMS and newlib:
>>>

>> Some of these indicate that the autoconf
>> test(s) in RTEMS to detect these being present
>> in newlib are not working. The readdir() family
>> is in this category.  Why is this one showing up
>> built in your RTEMS library?
>>
> OK. I applied the patches for 1247 (newlib locking)
> and that seems to break the autoconf tests
> (trying to link newlib code which requires the locks
> which are implemented/exported by RTEMS fails)
>
> -- T.
>
>> Others are things we need to look at.   creat()
>> is in this category.
>>
>>> __assert
>>> __assert_func
>>> closedir