Ethernet MTU

Michael Hamel mhamel at adi.co.nz
Thu Mar 26 02:43:47 UTC 2009

Has anyone used jumbo packets (MTU of ~9000) with the RTEMS networking
stack? I have a working gigabit network stack up on the PPC405EXr, but
I'm not seeing more than 17Mbytes a second throughput. I understand
that using a larger MTU would make quite a difference, but its not
clear to me how to reconfigure the interface to do it. I can get the
necessary information out of the PHY without any trouble, the question
is what to do when it says it has made a gigabit connection...

Thanks for any comments,

---
Wi not trei a holiday in Sweden this yer?

Michael Hamel
ADInstruments Ltd, Dunedin, NZ