doc/setup.def in RTEMS 4.9.2 and suggested Ada version ?

Mon May 4 14:36:18 UTC 2009

Simon Clubley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm starting to update to the latest released RTEMS version. However
> doc/setup.def in the 4.9.2 source kit, which I have usually used for
> tool version and patch information, still contains the information for
> RTEMS 4.9.0.
>
> I also see from http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/SOURCES/4.9 that
> the Ada patch for gcc is for 4.2.3 and not 4.3.2. I assume therefore
> that Ada support is a problem in gcc 4.3.2, even though the Ada entry
> in the RTEMS Wiki shows a build against 4.3.2.

Hmmm... look in /pub/rtems/SOURCES and you will
find a 4.3.2 Ada patch for RTEMS.
> Can Ada users here advise which toolkit versions they are using with
> RTEMS 4.9.2 ?

4.3.x should be the best for now.  We did a lot of testing
for 4.4.0 and Ada but I haven't put out a patch yet and honestly
don't know if one is needed.
> I'm using i386 and ARM BSPs.

Both should work find based upon the ACATS results
we published to gcc-testresults.