rename issue

Mon May 4 19:51:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

Sebastian caught me in IRC today and pointed out
that something has changed which made rename
compile into an infinite loop.  I think I have
tracked it down to this change in newlib.  This
would not impact 4.9 since newlib 1.16 wouldn't
have this patch.  But it would be in the 1.17
newlib.  d

2008-03-27 Patrick Mansfield <patmans at us.ibm.com>

    * libc/include/reent.h: Define _func_r functions in this file to
    func if REENTRANT_SYSCALLS_PROVIDED and MISSING_SYSCALL_NAMES are
    defined.

Patrick's change resulted in this macro being tripped
for the XXX_r methods.

#define _rename_r(__reent, __old, __new)          rename(__old, __new)

I think we need to drop -DMISSING_SYSCALL_NAMES from
*-*-rtems* in newlib/configure.host.

Ralf.. if my analysis is right, then that is two issues
driving a tool rebuild. :(