Code sharing in shared memory systems?

Axel von Engel a.vonengel at gmail.com
Wed May 6 13:11:34 UTC 2009

Hello everyone!

I am developing a simulated multiprocessor system using MIPS cores,
starting from a single processor system with RTEMS set up. Since the
goal "simply" is to have a multiprocessor system running RTEMS with
multiprocessing support (i.e. almost no design constraints), I
currently look for options to achieve this.

Shared memory seems to be the simplest way to communicate. In my
current, very basic system the address space is shared, too. This
leads to my question: Is it possible to run multiple RTEMS instances
with the code being shared?

My first impression is that it would be possible if I could find means
to use different configuration tables depending on the current node
ID. Any ideas on how this could be done? What else has to be
separated?

Regards
Axel von Engel