rename issue

Thu May 7 13:17:54 UTC 2009

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Chris Johns wrote:
>
>> Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>>> Symbol clashes/conflicts related to "_"-prefixed function symbols and
>>> bogus/redundant <function>_r vs. <function> calls.

I added _isatty_r.  That's the only thing I noticed or has been reported.
>> I built all targets installed on rtbf64 late yesterday (my time) and it looks
>> like the new newlib was installed. All targets failed. Here are the results:
>>
>> http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/people/chrisj/pq/html/
>>
>> The error is the third one down on this page:
>>
>> http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/people/chrisj/pq/html/arm-20090506-3.html
>>
> I don't understand your report.

Just a report of warnings per target sorted by how many
times they show up across all BSPs in that target.
> For me, all arm-bsps build without any such problem, as well as all
> toolchains did.

It looks like arm-lpc2478 turns on extra warnings.  I don't
know if the flags are reasonable to turn on by default or
not.  Some of the issues it pointed out were indeed minor
type mismatches.

But we need to decide if these are desirable warnings.
If so, they should be enabled as part of the standard
flags on all targets.  If not, they need to be removed.
> Is this a warning/error you observe when building the toolchains?

arm-lpc2478 for me.