RTEMS Class example Timer : strange behaviour (to me)

Sat May 16 17:41:16 UTC 2009

pierre kestener wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The problem can be reproduced using the Sparc/SIS simulator target
> with the latest CVS sources and the 4.10 toolchain. However the problem
> disappears
> when falling back to RTEMS version 4.9.

I have duplicated this and wonder if the USE_TIMER_SERVER
is NOT defined when it works and is defined when it does not.

That would indicate an issue with the task timer server code
that is likely version independent.

Please confirm this setting for your "works" and "broken" cases.

FWIW you can also do this to get the time stamp:

        { struct timespec uptime;
          rtems_clock_get_uptime( &uptime );
          fprintf( stderr, "  %d:%d\n", uptime.tv_sec, uptime.tv_nsec );
        }

rtems_clock_get_uptime() is fairly new but handy. :)

--joel