mbx8xx BSP

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Mon May 18 08:16:45 UTC 2009

Hello, all.

Trying to upgrade my 4.6.2 MPC860 based BSP to the last RTEMS, I took the
mbx8xx BSP and incorporated my changes.

The CPU fails on SW emulation exception at the last moment, when
rtems_initialize_executive_late performs context switch to Init task:
	mtlr r7
	mtmsr r8
	isync
	blr
The execution of mtmsr is OK (abatron BDI-2000 debugger), but next single-step
assembler instruction "isync" causes "SW emulation exception" and program
counter has a very strange value in the middle of the RAM (although I expected
it to be 0x1000 in the case of SW emul.exception).No caches are switched on at
this stage.

Does somebody have a guess why CPU behaves so strangely?

If no, can somebody acknowledge that mbx8xx BSP really runs with RTEMS 4.8.0,
4.9.0?

Thanks a lot.

--
Leon