Embedded PC IDE Flash Questions

Wed May 27 19:21:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a Winsystems EBC-855 and am trying to
access the CompactFlash.  It is on
IDE1 and nothing is on IDE0 so I enabled the
secondary IDE/

http://sbc.winsystems.com/products/ebc-855.cfm

The IDE Flash is formatted for DOS and will boot
DOS.  I used the telnetd example with the DOS FS
support enabled.  The drive is showing up as
/dev/hdc but the system locks up when I
try to "fdisk /dev/hdc register" or
"fdisk /dev/hdc" to look at the partition table.

Any thoughts from someone who has done this
before?