rename issue

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu May 7 13:33:54 UTC 2009

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> Chris Johns wrote:

> I added _isatty_r.  That's the only thing I noticed or has been reported.

Aha - This explains it.

>>> I built all targets installed on rtbf64 late yesterday (my time) and it looks
>>> like the new newlib was installed. All targets failed. Here are the results:
>>>
>>> http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/people/chrisj/pq/html/
>>>
>>> The error is the third one down on this page:
>>>
>>> http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/people/chrisj/pq/html/arm-20090506-3.html
>>>
>> I don't understand your report.
>>

> Just a report of warnings per target sorted by how many
> times they show up across all BSPs in that target.
That was clear. I simply could not find anything which resembles Chris's
report anywhere in my logs ;)

>> For me, all arm-bsps build without any such problem, as well as all
>> toolchains did.
>>
> It looks like arm-lpc2478 turns on extra warnings.   I don't
> know if the flags are reasonable to turn on by default or
> not.  Some of the issues it pointed out were indeed minor
> type mismatches.
Well, I am using entirely different (much more aggressive) warnings
flags than what is in CVS ;)

> But we need to decide if these are desirable warnings.
BSP specific warning flags are non-sense, IMHO. We need to address the
causes/origins of the warnings and not play with symptoms.

> If so, they should be enabled as part of the standard
> flags on all targets.
Agreed.

Ralf