Initializing networking

David Dudley ddudley at bnl.gov
Mon Nov 2 18:48:33 UTC 2009

I¹m attempting to setup networking on a FreeScale mpc8313erdb, and I need to
set it up so I can netboot and run off of tsec1 on the board.

No matter what I do, it seems that RTEMS is insisting that I use tsec2 as
the only network interface on the card.  Even going into the bsp.h file and
reversing NAME and NAME2 doesn¹t fix it, although I can edit the names, and
the changes to the name text appears.

Questions:
1. Is tsec1 supported?  If so, how do I set it up?
2. Does RTEMS even support multiple network interfaces?
3. I build a rtems_bsdnet_config structure properly, with tsec1, tsec2 and
lo0, but when entering into the bootpc_init routine, it insists that tsec1
doesn¹t exist, and only tsec2 and lo0 show up on the ifnet-> list.
How/where do I initialize the ifnet-> to point to my structure?
4. Is it supported to have a single network interface boot using bootp, and
another containing a static IP address?

David Dudley